Thursday, March 1, 2018

Latest February update

03/01/2018
Happy March 1.  Today, my oldest son turned 21 and I feel so old! My husband and I went up to Boulder, CO, where Joe attends college, and bought him his first "legal" beer. 

We also fed him.  He's not much of a drinker and I think he appreciated the food more.

I managed to finish 5 more projects in February.
Snow House by Lizzie*Kate. Anyone else saddened that they are retiring?  Good for them though. Enjoy life while you have your health!

And the four Hooties from "We the Hooties".  
 

 

Here's the four of them in one shot.  I wanted to add a few more 4th of July Hooties and these make a great addition.



So, to recap February. I started (or resumed work on UFO's) 28 projects and finished 26.

Of the two I did not finish, one is Summer Oak by Mill Hill and I will finish it in March as I'm about 3/4 done with the stitching and then I have to add beads.  The other is a start from 2015. I did not work on it at all in 2016 or 2017. I dug it out on February 19 and said "Enough, I will finish this!"  I worked on it hot and heavy for awhile and then had to take a break.  Here's my starting point with a picture of what the finish will look like, and where I left off about a week ago.
I'm going to start working on it again over the weekend and while I'd like to think I'll have it done by the end of March, I do get tired of black thread! It's also stitched on 28 count and my eyes can only take so much of that.  It WILL be done in time to hang up for Halloween this year, that I guarantee.

Have a great weekend,
Michele


2 comments:

  1. Love the Halloween House and Hooties (of course!) Congratulations again on such a productive month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all of the cute finishes Michele. Happy Birthday to your son.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete