Tuesday, September 5, 2017

August SAL

09/05/2017

Another month has flown by.  Thanks, as always to Heather at Stitching Lotus for hosting this SAL.

I didn't have as many finishes this month as I was working on a couple of larger projects.  Ok, they are larger than I usually stitch, but still small by some people's standards.
This project was for a co-worker and it's the brand from his ranch.  He asked me to design and make it after learning I had software that let's me import pictures and create cross stitch patterns.



A going away card for a co-worker.  She's very much about doing things, rather than owning things.














This is a house warming gift for my dad.  He loves trains and used to have a model train.


Cute little unicorn from Artecy.  I stitched it "just because."


Piece for WOCS;  they are making a patriotic quilt.
Baby card for co-worker

And a variety of Christmas pieces.
 

 

 

That's my stitching for the month.

On a personal note, my dad is moved and his house closed a few days early.  He's settling in to his new home, but is having problems figuring out his tv.  He's very technologically challenged and won't ask for help.  He's further challenged in that he's completely deaf. He reads lips and is very good at it, but if he doesn't understand something, he is a little too prideful to admit he didn't understand.  Of course, if someone isn't facing him, he doesn't realize they are speaking so doesn't know he missed something.  He's been deaf since I was about 2, and I never really thought of him as handicapped, just someone who's ears didn't work. However, as he gets older, his lack of hearing is finally becoming a handicap to him.  With that said, he does let his pride get in  his way and just won't ask people to repeat things or admit he didn't understand.    It gets frustrating because if he'd just admit he didn't understand, people would be willing to repeat themselves.  And of course, being so far away, there's only so much I can do.

My boys have settled into college and my youngest is enjoying his own challenges of figuring out the washer and dryer.  He's such a goofy kid. So incredibly book smart, but common sense, yeah, not so much.

Happy stitching to everyone!

Michele




5 comments:

  1. All your finishes each month always amaze Michele. Congrats on all of them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was so nice and very attractive to see. Thank you so much for sharing these nice articles online shopping

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a wonderful month of stitching. Thanks for sharing your lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be the most prolific stitcher in our whole SAL! I love seeing all your works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments everyone. Smalls are my thing and I make a lot of cards, so I always have lots of finishes. With that said, I have several large projects I never seem to work on. Sigh, so much stitching, so little time :)

    ReplyDelete