Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Smalls SAL

09/30/2015

It's that time of month again, time for the Smalls SAL check in, hosted by Heather at Stitching Lotus. I had a productive month stitching away.  I honestly didn't realize just how much I had stitched, until I started getting pictures ready to post.

Here we go...
These two are for my co-worker and friend Daun Knight. She is an artist and loves bats so when I saw the "Carpe Noctem" in the Just Cross Stitch Halloween Ornament edition, I had to make it for her.  And yes, her favorite color is purple.  I think the letters for her card are from a World of Cross Stitching magazine that came out earlier this year.  The original letters all had the same picture, so I  changed the pictures and added purple, cause you can never have enough purple.



 I also stitched several designs to be used on Christmas cards for WOCS.


 Two of my co-workers had parents pass away and I made them sympathy cards.  I was able to get name and appropriate dates in order to personalize the card on the right.  The design used for this card is one I made myself.

 This little guy is a part of the Christmyth ornament series from Dragon Dreams.  I recently discovered the website and love the sample charts, along with the freebies posted on Facebook.


 I made two wedding cards, one for the lady that coaches the JV soccer team at my son's high school and another for a co-worker.  The gold striped paper on the card on the right was actually part of her wedding invitation.

And this beauty was for a co-worker that retired yesterday. She's a wonderful lady and this card fit her to a tee.  It also took forever to stitch as I started it in early August!

And finally, a  pattern I designed myself using a quote from Anais Nin.  She has some beautiful quotes and I had designed this card over a year ago and never had time to stitch it.  I finally made time and I think it turned out pretty good.

October stitching will consist of more Christmas stitching and maybe, just maybe I'll get some work done on my larger WIP's...maybe  :)

Michele


4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! Congratulations on all your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Michele.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all your beautiful finishes! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. custom website development company

    ReplyDelete